To get your website noticed and bring in visitors you will have to put in the hard work. One way of getting noticed by search engines is SEO marketing. Internet marketing and SEO is a great strategy for getting leads and generating sales. Today we are going to talk about SEO internet marketing, including how it works and what it can do for you.
What is SEO Marketing?
So, the first thing we will clarify is the question what is SEO marketing?
Search engine optimisation marketing is a way to improve your website ranking among the search results and bring in more visitors.
It is made up of numerous factors all of which help to increase your organic ranking in the search engines and bring organic traffic (not paid) to your site.
Why do Internet marketing and SEO matter?
You have to get your website in search engines if it is to be found by visitors and this is why internet marketing and SEO matter.
As search engines want to offer those searching the best results you must offer high-quality and informative content on your website. SEO marketing helps you to do just this and it can make the difference between your site being on page 50+ of the search engines and the first page.
If you want to reach one of the coveted top six spots on search engines you have to have an internet marketing and SEO campaign.
Through search engine optimisation you can drive and keep quality traffic on your website.
Three ways SEO marketing can influence your rankings
Internet marketing and SEO is made up of a combination of components. While there are more than 200 components we are going to talk about the main three parts. These are on-page SEO, off-site and technical SEO.
What is on-page SEO?
When talking about on-page SEO we are talking about anything that involves optimising your website.
This means optimising pages and posts on your site to get a better ranking for your content in the search results.
On-page SEO involves the following:
- Keyword research – researching keywords are an important part of SEO marketing. In fact, they are crucial. You have to choose the best keywords for your site, keywords related to the products and services you are selling.
- Keyword optimisation – once you have found the right keywords you then have to include them in your content. It is essential to use them correctly within the content, including in headings, titles, sub-headings and Meta descriptions.
- Content – Content is king in any SEO internet marketing campaign. This is what gets your site noticed in search engine rankings and it is what keeps visitors on your website. The content has to be high-quality and provide the information visitors require.
Off-site SEO is any type of optimisation that is done outside of your website. This is essential to strengthen relationships and build up your reputation within your specific industry.
One of the main components of off-site SEO is obtaining high-quality backlinks to your website.
Backlinks are any links on other websites that link to your site. These links are an important part of ranking on search engines but any links must be from high-quality websites that are related to the industry that you are in.
Low-quality backlinks can do more damage than good to your website, so they have to be chosen carefully. Backlinking is very time consuming but some professionals offer backlink building services and do it on your behalf.
High-quality backlinks tell search engines that you are an authority on a particular subject. However, to gain these backlinks you do have to have quality content on your site that others are going to want to link to.
Technical SEO concerns anything to do with the backend of your website. When considering technical SEO give some thought to:
- The speed of your website – how fast your website loads will affect your website ranking. It will also help in keeping visitors on your site. If the website takes a long time to load visitors are more likely to leave even before it has fully loaded. Google PageSpeed Insights can help you to optimise your speed.
- Mobile-friendliness – your website needs to be mobile-friendly. More and more people are using mobile devices to search for and make purchases. Google even uses mobile-first to crawl websites so your site must look good on mobile devices. If you use WordPress choose a responsive theme and design.
- Make sure that you upload your sitemap to search consoles along with making sure you have a Robots.txt file and it has been optimised.
Getting started with Internet marketing and SEO
To be able to succeed with internet marketing and SEO you need to start on a good footing.
To use SEO marketing properly you need friendly websites that search engines love to crawl and want to index.
So, to get started with SEO internet marketing ensure you:
- Build your site using a responsive website design and theme
- Undertake keyword research and use keywords wisely in content
- Make improvements to the speed of your website loading
- Ensure that your website is mobile-friendly
- Make sure your website is easy to navigate for users and search engines
- Use keywords in titles, sub-headings, meta descriptions and images
- Only upload high-quality content to your site
- Make sure content is relevant and offers information
- Try to get backlinks to your website from high-quality sites.
To summarise, internet marketing and SEO is an essential part of your online business. Without it, your website is not going to rank very high on search engines.
If you don’t get your site ranked people are not going to find you. SEO internet marketing is not the easiest thing to do and it does take a great deal of time and effort. Bear in mind, there are over 200 components to search engine optimisation marketing. Click the link below to obtain professional SEO services for your website and increase your rankings on search engines.